POSITION: Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors (interim)
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting HSLWR operations, programs and special events through the scheduling, management and tracking of all volunteers. This includes working with board and shelter manager in identifying needs and opportunities for volunteers as well as providing day-to-day oversight, administration, tracking and evaluation in meeting all volunteer needs for operating the HSLWR Shelter.
This is a part time position working on site at the Shelter and occasionally offsite for events. Flexible scheduling of hours but because we run shifts 7 days a week and 365 days a year there will be off-hour communication required when shift issues arise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruiting, screening, training, scheduling and managing volunteers
Including – but not limited to –
- Match skill sets, time availability and interests to organizational needs and assign volunteers to specific tasks
- Coordinate the scheduling and management of both on- and off-site volunteer groups as appropriate
- Maintain and organize up-to-date volunteer agreements and volunteer applications
- Maintain detailed records in HSLWR files and systems
- Track Volunteer Metrics
- Organize new volunteer orientation scheduling and facilitate orientation as needed
- Maintain a current calendar of events for volunteer groups and individuals
- Publish a weekly schedule of onsite volunteer coverage for Dog, Cat and Desk shifts and post at Shelter
- Develop and Execute ideas for Volunteer Recruitment, Retention and Cultivation
- Conduct Exit “interviews” for volunteers leaving shelter. Communicate trends to Board.
- Plan volunteer thank you and appreciation activities
- Maintain and update volunteer communications via website and newsletter submission
- Represent HSLWR at community outreach events, as needed
- As needed, assist with the coordination of third party events
- Special Event Support as requested